About Denny's Hungry for Education Scholarship
Denny’s is awarding more than $200,000 in scholarships to high school and college students in the United States and Puerto Rico. Denny’s Hungry for Education scholarship program is awarding deserving high school and college students and helping in the fight against childhood hunger. 22% of U.S. children under age 18 live in poverty and struggle every day with hunger, which impacts their ability to do their best in school. Denny’s HFE scholarship program is partnering with USHLI to award deserving high school and college students for their ideas to help in the fight against childhood hunger.
Apply now for Denny’s HFE scholarship by providing real ideas for real solutions to help Denny’s impact childhood hunger in local communities.
Denny's Hungry for Education Scholarship Requirements
Program Launch: September 6, 2019 – December 13, 2019
- All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited educational institution (high school) in the United States or Puerto Rico.
- All applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
- If the applicant is under the age of 18 and is selected as a potential HFE scholarship recipient, in order to be confirmed as a winner, the student’s parent or legal guardian must sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Assignment of Rights.
- Scholarship funds awarded to winners must be used for education, such as tuition and related fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for courses at an accredited educational institution.
- GPA Level Requirement: 2.5 or higher
- Students will need to provide a 300-word (high school) or 500-word (college) essay on how Denny’s can impact childhood hunger in the United States.
- Students can get involved with Hungry for Education by applying for a $1,000 Hungry for Education scholarship.