Start Date: Immediate
The Almanac of Latino Politics is the most comprehensive survey and analysis of national Latino voting patterns and trends and defines the political landscape on which the struggle for Latino empowerment will be fought throughout the remainder of this decade. In short, by identifying legislative and congressional districts in which Latinos have the greatest opportunity to elect candidates of their choice, the Almanac is a roadmap to political empowerment.
Our team is looking for a motivated self-starter with excellent communication skills who can work in teams and independently. A friendly, optimistic attitude and energetic personality is a must. Candidates must have excellent attention to detail and be able to work in a coworking space. Interns will research data for the Almanac of Latino Politics. Upon completion of this internship, interns will have developed stronger research techniques, writing, and presentation skills. This internship will provide an opportunity to work in a professional office environment and gain a deeper understanding of Latino politics across the nation.
- Be available to work 20 hours per week
- Currently enrolled in an accredited graduate degree program
- Experience and coursework in political science, public policy, or related field
- Familiarity with research methods and basic analysis
- Excellent working knowledge of American government and politics
- Demonstrated passion and commitment for the work and mission of the organization
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Basic computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office Suite
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. This is a paid internship ($15 per hour). However, the internship will be considered unpaid