About Rumba Meats Scholarship
Rumba Meats, part of the Cargill family of brands, helps the Hispanic community celebrate their culture and preserve their heritage through food. Through a partnership with United States Hispanic Leadership Institute, Rumba is awarding 25 postsecondary academic scholarships of $1,000 each and helping empower today’s Hispanic youth to become tomorrow’s leaders. Learn more about Rumba Meats today.
Rumba Meats Scholarship Requirements
- Must be a high school senior graduating in the Spring of 2020
- Applicants must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as full-time undergraduate students in an accredited four-year or two-year institution in the U.S. or U.S. territories
- Students must verify their enrollment status for the 2020/2021 academic school year prior to scholarship disbursement
- Applicants must demonstrate a verifiable need for financial support
- Consistent, active participation in public and/or community service activities
- At least one parent must be of Hispanic ancestry
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Grant permission to receive information about Cargill Global Scholars, a scholarship program that selects 50 students worldwide to participate in a yearlong immersion program. Learn more at https://www.cargillglobalscholars.com/.
- Scholarship recipients must be willing to provide a two-minute video articulating how their Hispanic heritage has influenced their life and how they plan to preserve it throughout their life.
- Background –Describe your family history (parents/guardian, siblings), life and/or work experiences that have influenced you. What is your most significant achievement? Did you overcome any obstacles or challenges? If so, how?
- Your Heritage and You – How has your Hispanic heritage influenced how you live your life? What impact has it had on your leadership aspirations? How will your heritage influence how you will serve your community in the future?
- What else would you like to share with us that is relevant to your application being selected for this scholarship?
- Portrait Picture – Applicants must submit a recent photograph (high-resolution, color, size: 2.5 x 3.5 ratios, png. or jpg. format). The picture should be suitable (Portrait) for use in any printed literature announcing the recipients. Selfies are not accepted.
- Resume – Applicants must submit a one-page resume in PDF format of their work experience, academic accomplishments and other relevant information.
- Transcript – Applicants must submit their most updated transcript. All transcripts must be uploaded as a PDF document in the application.