- Must be a high school senior graduating in the Spring of 2021
- Applicants must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as full-time undergraduate students in an accredited four-year or two-year institution in the U.S. or U.S. territories
- Students must verify their enrollment status for the academic school year before scholarship disbursement
- Non-U.S. Citizens are eligible to apply (DACA or undocumented).
- Applicants must demonstrate a verifiable need for financial support
- Consistent, active participation in public and/or community service activities
- At least one parent must be of Hispanic ancestry
- Only if awarded the scholarship must recipients be required to provide a two-minute video articulating how their Hispanic heritage has influenced their lives and how they plan to preserve it throughout their lives.
- Background –In 500 to 1,000 words, submit a self-description of your family history (parents/guardian, siblings), life and/or work experiences that have influenced you. What is your most significant achievement? Did you overcome any obstacles or challenges? If so, how?
- Your Heritage and You – In 500 to 1,000 words, how has your Hispanic heritage influenced how you live your life? What impact has it had on your leadership aspirations? How will your heritage influence how you will serve your communities in the future?
- What else would you like to share with us relevant to your application being selected for this scholarship?
- Portrait Picture – Applicants must submit a recent photograph (high-resolution, color, size: 2.5 x 3.5 ratios, png. or jpg. format). The picture should be suitable (Portrait) for use in any printed literature announcing the recipients. Selfies are not accepted.
- Résumé – Applicants must submit a one-page resume in PDF format of their work experience, academic accomplishments, and other relevant information.
- Transcript – Applicants must submit their most updated transcript. All transcripts must be uploaded as a PDF document in the application.
- Letters of Recommendation – Applicants must submit one letter of recommendation that meets the following requirements: the letter should focus on the applicant’s leadership abilities and past academic performance while also indicating an ability or desire to serve their community effectively. The application will require you to submit your references’ contact information. Once your application is submitted, our automated form will send an email to your references with instructions on how to submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. Examples may include but are not limited to Teacher, Advisor, Supervisor, Employer, Coach, etc. All letters of recommendation are due April 23, 2021.