About the USHLI National Conference
The United States Hispanic Leadership Institute (USHLI), an award-winning national 501(c)(3) organization, will host the 38th USHLI Conference at the Sheraton Grand Chicago Hotel from February 20-23, 2020. Over the span of four days, participants will hear nationally prominent, standing-ovation quality speakers and attend a series of forums, workshops, and seminars.
Over the last 38 years, the USHLI Conference has become the premier Hispanic leadership conference in the nation, attracting a complete cross-section of our leadership community and involving all ancestry groups. Over 6,000 present and future leaders representing 40 states will attend various events throughout the four days. Our 2019 Conference demographic survey included over 1,300 respondents who overwhelmingly rated the USHLI conference as the premier Hispanic leadership conference in the nation; 89% were between the ages of 18-34; 65% identified as female; and 82% were classified as students ranging from High School to Graduate School. The survey also found that 7% of our attendees are pursuing an advanced degree. Most conference participants are or will become the most influential Hispanic leaders of their generation and will help govern our cities, schools, states and, indeed, a nation that will become 25% Hispanic during their lifetime.
This leadership conference is an extraordinary opportunity for students and young professionals to meet recruiters, national policy-makers, and future employers. The conference brings participants together to develop and/or strengthen their leadership skills and to grow as servant leaders.
Student Room Rate: $132.00 + 17.4% tax per night
Non-Student Room Rate: $153.00 + 17.4% tax per night
- The cut-off date for reserving rooms is February 4, 2020, at 5:00 pm (CST). After the cut-off date, it is at the hotel’s discretion whether to accept additional reservations, which will be subject to prevailing rates and availability.
- Rates will be available 3 days prior and 3 days after the event dates in the room block, subject to availability of guest rooms at the time of reservations.
- Please refer to hotel reservation for more information, amenities, and fees
Frequently Asked Questions
The dress code for all conference-related events is business formal. Inappropriate attire including greek paraphernalia, hats, t-shirts, tank tops, short or revealing skirts/dresses, leggings, gym shoes, jeans, baggy pants or any other casual attire.
To learn more about business formal attire, click here.
For the USHLI Conference, we recommend that you use the SpotHero app to find parking in Chicago. SpotHero is a parking reservation service that connects drivers looking to reserve and prepay for parking spaces with parking lots, parking garages and valet services. The service, which operates a mobile app and website, is available in 50 cities in the United States and Canada.
Hotel Parking (mention USHLI Conference)
$30.00 per day in the valet lot for overnight guests
$21.00 per day in the valet for guests not staying overnight
Enter this location at LOWER 301 E North Water St. This is the garage for the Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers. This is a LAZ Parking garage located near Navy Pier on the southwest corner of New St. and E North Water St. Look for the white and blue banner with red arrows that say “Hotel & Public Parking” From the intersection of E. Illinois St. and McClurg Ct. OR the intersection of E. Grand Ave. and McClurg Ct., take McClurg Ct. south and make a right (turn west) on E. North Water Street. Follow E. North Street past New St. and into “the tunnel,” you will find the garage entrance on your left (south side), about 1/2 block past the tunnel entrance. **HERO TIP: For Mobile App users, there is a notated map with directions in the pictures for this location.**
Things You Should Know
- Height Restriction: 6′ 6″
- This facility does NOT allow in/out privileges. You CANNOT enter & exit more than once.
- The garage door will open when you pull up to it. If the garage door is partially closed when you arrive, press the assistance button and the valet will open the door for you. This is NOT the 300 North Water Ogden Plaza garage – we are not held responsible for parking in wrong locations.
- There is an attendant on duty 24/7. Depending on parking occupancy, this facility may become a valet and you may be asked to leave your keys with the attendant.
- **GPS Warning** – The entry to this facility is on LOWER E. North Water St., GPS is unreliable on lower levels, please consult “Getting There” directions and pictures on parking pass for guidance. Call SpotHero customer support at 312-566-7768 with any questions.
Click here to view the tentative agenda. We will update this page regularly.
Only college students are required to upload their resume. This is a new requirement. Our team added a career development component to the conference called ‘Career Connections’ and we encourage everyone to partake. If you do not upload a resume on our online registration from by February 14, 2020, you will be asked to upload a copy when you check-in to the conference. Be sure to have a printed copy available during the conference.
Please use this link to modify your registration and upload your resume. Enter your email and confirmation number as instructed. Then go to Modify > Personal Information > Session Registration > Graduate School Recruitment Fair (All Participants): Friday, February 15, 2019, 9:45 AM. Please scroll down and select “Add File” and upload your resume. If you already uploaded your resume, please disregard this email.